Recent Media Appearances
Dr Davide Valeriani has been interviewed by Sky News about the potential of BCIs for augmenting human performance
Dr Davide Valeriani has been interviewed by BBC Essex regarding a recent publication co-authored with Dr Caterina Cinel and Prof Riccardo Poli: audio below
Dr Luca Citi and Dr Ana Matran-Fernandez have been interviewed by BBC CrowdScience: audio below and video here
Piece on the BrainStormers’s results on the University of Essex page: Article
Interview on BBC Radio 4’s “You & Yours” about Cybathlon: Podcast (Cybathlon starts at 20:58; interview with our team at 26:13)
Interview on BBC Radio 4’s “You & Yours” about the BrainStormers: Podcast (the bit on Cybathlon starts at 20:34)
Interview on ITV Anglia about the Essex Brainstormers team competing in the Cybathlon 2016: Article with video
Interview by a group of independent journalists about the Essex Brainstormers: Article with video
See the website of the RoBoSAS (Robotics, BCI and Secure Adaptive Systems) project (in collaboration with NASA JPL) for many recent media appearances.
Older Media Appearances
- Interview on Sky News (13.07.2009):
Editing note: Portions showing experiments with monkeys have been removed from the original video as, though humans, they may upset some viewers. Also, we point out that the Essex BCI group does not do any research with animals.
- AABAC (Adaptive Asynchronous Brain-Actuated Control) Project on The Sunday Telegraph (20.07.2008): Article with video
- BCI Mouse project on The Engineer (26.02.2008): Article
- BCI demo on Channel 4 (11.06.2007):
Credits: The demo shown on Channel 4 was prepared by Matthew Dyson and Mathew Salvaris, and co-organized by John Q. Gan.
- Short piece in the New Scientist magazine (21.02.2007): Includes work by us and by our colleagues in the Netherlands. Article
- Interview on SGR FM Radio (now Heart FM Colchester) (14.07.2006):
- Interview on BBC Radio 5 LIVE (12.07.2006):